Friday, April 2, 2010

Funny Moment

Remember how in my last post I was saying how our two dogs keep finding ways to get out of our yard? Well I have a funny moment to go along with that. The other night David was at a presentation at school to get extra credit for one of his classes. I was home alone enjoying myself and watching The Biggest Loser. During one of the commercials I decided I better check on the dogs and make sure they were still in the yard. I looked out the windows and couldn't see them anywhere so I hurried and put my shoes on and walked outside. They were still no where to be seen and they didn't come running to me like they usually do when they hear the back door open and close. I checked back behind the shed and still no dogs. "Oh crap. Why don't they just stay where we put them!" I walked back to the house and noticed that they were both in the neighbors yard sniffing around. Well as soon as Josie saw me (she is our cute little chiweiner) she ran back under the fence where they had escaped and tried to run past me. I caught her and then trying to get Sammy (the black lab) to come back home was the hard part. I called her name, told her to get back over here, go around the front yard and get back here, and I called her full name, Samantha, thats when she knows she is in trouble, but she still wouldn't come. Because of this I had to walk across the back yard, then across the front yard and into the neightbors yard to finally get her to listen to me and come home. I then put both of them into the dog run so that I wouldn't have to worry about them and I could finish watching The Biggest Loser. During the next commercial I went to the laundry room window and looked into the dog run and I could tell that Josie had climbed up the chicken wire and escaped out of the dog run. UGH!! I put my shoes back on, walked outside and Josie went running past me as fast as she could. I yelled "HEY" pretty loud and she turned around and came to me. I then picked her up and held her right in front of my face and told her "Stay where I put you!" I turned around to go back into the house and put Josie in the garage and there was our neighbor standing in his backyard with a horrified look on his face. I didn't think anything of the look on his face at the time and asked him if he had found her and put her back in our yard. He said "Yes, she was just right here in our yard. I'm not sure how she got over here." I showed him the hole that the dogs had found and mentioned that we will fix it this weekend, thanked him for getting Josie, and walked back into the house. Later that night I realized why our neighbor probably had a horrified look on his face when I turned around. I'm guessing that when he found her he picked her up and put her on our side of the fence but kind of had to drop her to get her on our side. Then, here I come outside, swinging the door open and closed and yelling HEY without knowing he was out there. He probably thought I was mad at him for touching my dog! Anyways, thats my funny moment. I have been laughing about it all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment