Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Goodbye Butters

Today I came home from work and found that Buttercup had died sometime during the day. It's funny how attached you get to somthing, even if it is a rodent. I had known that this was going to be coming soon because she wasn't eating or drinking or doing anything but sleeping during the past couple days but it's still a shocker. Buttercup was one of my Christmas presents in 2008 so she lived for about a year and a half, which is a pretty normal life span for a hamster.

I will miss waking up in the middle of the night and hearing you running in your wheel as fast as you can. The nights will be pretty quiet now. I'm sure David will love that. Thanks for all the adventures you led us on when you found a way to escape out of your cage and were running around somewhere in our house. You will be missed Buttercup!

Buttercup was quite the acrobat. She was always climbing up her cage and hanging like this from the top. Goodbye Butters!

1 comment:

  1. Oh sad!!! I bet David was a little more than excited to see she had pass. Sorry girl :)

    ReplyDelete