Thursday, March 29, 2012

23 Weeks

I am 23 weeks pregnant!  Only 17 more weeks to go.
     According to my pregnacy book the baby is about 8 inches long and weighs just over one pound.  During the next few weeks the baby will almost double her weight as she starts to gain fat.  I have started to gain some weight and am having a little bit of a hard time with it.  I know that its healthy and needs to happen for the baby but its just hard to have it happen.  Yesterday I realized that I'm not going to be able to see my feet for too much longer.  I took a picture to remember what they look like.  :)
      When I look at myself in a mirror I think my stomach looks huge but when David takes a picture of me and I look at it I look so small still.  David even teases me sometimes that it doesn't even look like I'm pregnant.  I guess its a compliment to be 5 1/2 months pregnant and barely be showing. 

Random Things to Remember:
  • The other night I had a dream that I was eating Snickerdoodle cookies and they were warm, and soft and so yummy.  I woke up wanting Snickerdoodle cookies so I made them that day!  I guess that was one of my first cravings. 
  • She is pretty active and I feel her kick and punch and move a lot throughout the day and evening. 
  • I can feel her move higher up on my abdomen now than when I first felt her move.  She's a growing girl. 
  • She really gets active after I eat and after I sneeze.
  • David finally felt her move when I was 22 weeks pregnant, 4 weeks after I felt her for the first time.  Its fun to see him get excited when he feels her. 
  • Saturday night I decided to see if I could see her move from the outside yet.  I could feel that she was getting stronger so I sat on the couch for a few minutes and sure enough, when I felt her move I could also see my abdomen move.  David saw it too and thought it was pretty funny.
  • My next baby appointment is Wednesday morning.  I can't wait to see her again in the ultrasound.  I hope she isn't facing backwards and upside down again like last time so we can get a good picture of her face.   

2 comments:

  1. OMG, you look great! I am so excited for you. You will make such a wonderful mother. I hope things are going well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Compared to me, you look great, and tiny!!! You inspire me to blog more about pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete