Sunday, May 1, 2011

Summer!

     I'm proud to announce that David and I have successfully made it through another semester of school together. We have had a week of freedom and it has been wonderful. It is so nice to come home from work and just do whatever we want to do and not have to worry about homework. If it ever gets warm we are looking forward to evenings spent in the yard, going hiking, and visiting family. I love the summer!
     I have completed the first year of the dental hygiene program. In one more year I will be graduated! I am so looking forward to that day. I have decided to get my bachelors degree in dental hygiene. I was totally against getting my bachelors degree until I realized how close I already am to getting it. With a bachelors degree in dental hygiene you don't get paid any more than if you have an associates degree but you are able to teach. I don't ever plan on teaching but as I was talking to a family friend who is a hygienist she recommended that I get my bachelors degree just because it might be a benefit to me with how many dental hygiene schools there are now in Utah. Because of this I am taking classes this summer. Not exactly what I wanted to do with my summer but I don't think it will be too bad. I just have 3 classes and they are all online. The classes are easy and one of the classes is only seven weeks long. I decided to just get it done this summer instead of going back to school next summer or fall after I have graduated with my associates degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment