Sunday, May 1, 2011

President

     Today I was sustained and set apart to be the Young Women President in my ward.  I am really excited for this calling.  Life will be busy with this calling and school but I know that with the help of my Heavenly Father I will be able to get everything done that I need to.  I know that Heavenly Father knows what I can handle and will help me through everything that I will face. 
     During the past couple of weeks since I first met with the Bishop and he asked me to accept this calling my love for the girls in my ward has increased so much.  I know that they are all daughters of our Heavenly Father and I have been called to teach them their divine roles and prepare them for their future families.  I am grateful for the opportunity that I have been given and hope that I will fulfill my calling the way my Heavenly Father wants me to.  I am grateful for the examples that my Young Women leaders always were to me as I was growing up.  They helped prepare me for this calling.  I am grateful for my counselors and secretary for the love and support that they give to me.  I am excited to work with a new counselor and get to know her better.  I know that the church is true and that the Young Women program has a great purpose. 

2 comments:

  1. Whitnee that is so great! Congratulations! I bet you will be the best Young Women's President and the girls will love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girls are going to LOVE you! oh wait... they already do :)

    ReplyDelete