Thursday, August 12, 2010

On To Bigger and Better Things

     Today was my last day working at Dr. Craven's office.  Yea!!!  I am so excited to be done working there and move on to a new adventure.  I have made a lot of fun memories while working there and have made some great friends that I hope to always stay close to.  I have learned so much about dentisty and I have had the opportunity to work with 5 different hygienists in the 3 years that I worked there.  Because of this opportunity I was able to see each one's style and learn how I want to act around patients.
     I really wasn't very sad to leave today.  All day my co-workers kept teasing me that I constantly had a smile on my face and a spring in my step.  I was just so excited to be done there because of some of the things that I have had to put up with.  This morning my mom called and was talking to me about how this was my last day and she asked me if I was sad.  I told her no and she was more sad that I was leaving there than I was.  Don't worry mom, now you will get to come to forever long appointments with me at Weber State and then if you like me I will clean your teeth where I work after school. 
     I still haven't found a part time job yet.  I don't know how many applications I have turned in and I have only received 3 calls.  I thought finding a part time job would be a lot easier than it has been.  One of David's friends is a manager at Office Depot and he is trying to help me get hired there.  Hopefully that will work out.         
     I still have one more week before school starts and I plan on relaxing and reading as many books as I can before I start school and can't read anything till next summer. 

1 comment:

  1. Yay Whitnee for your last day!! Glad you didn't shead too many tears :P Good luck finding a job...I do not envy you...job hunting is no bueno! Enjoy the time to read! That is what I am doing too, and LOVING it!

    ReplyDelete