Thursday, March 21, 2013

8 Months Old!

     Time flies! I can’t believe that 8 months ago we welcomed Adilynne into our lives and how much has changed in that short amount of time. She definitely runs the house now and has us wrapped around her little fingers! Here are a few of the pictures that I was able to get of her today. She has gotten so mobile that it is almost impossible to get her positioned and to keep her there long enough to grab the camera and take a picture before she scoots away. Next month I think David will have to be home to help me manage it all.

Here is what most of the pictures that I got of her look like...crawling away.

New toy!
 She is starting to really like books. 
I put a flower pot out on the railing of the front porch during her nap and she noticed it as soon as I sat her down.  She is getting to be really observant and notices when something is different.

 Enjoying a few minutes of sun before it started raining again.
 Kissy lips
Playing with the elephants tail
Here is what Adilynne is doing now days…

• She has mastered the army crawl now. Just yesterday she started trying to get up on her knees to crawl that way. She doesn’t quite have it all figured out yet but she will.

• She is ALL over the place now! Gone are the days where I could set her in the family room to play while I did dishes or something. Within a matter of minutes she has crawled her way to the kitchen and is hanging out right under me. She loves to reach up and play with the wheels on the bottom rack of the dishwasher when I am loading/unloading dishes.

• When she sees something that she likes or that makes her excited she gets kissy lips and blows out air while saying “OOOOOOOOO!”

This picture is kind of blurry but this is her excited face.
• She loves to open doors. When I put her down in our bedroom and then go into the bathroom and don’t close the door all the way she crawls over to the door and pushes it open then gives me the cheesiest grin. I love seeing how excited she is that she can push open the door and find me now. If I do close the door tight she will just sit and hit the door hoping that it will open.

• She loves playing with the metal springy door stops on the baseboards behind the doors. She has figured out that every door in the house has one and she will crawl over to it, push the door out of her way and sit and play with them.

• She has a shoe/foot fetish! If we put her on the floor at church she will book it over to the nearest person to check out their shoes.

• She loves to play under the table while we eat dinner. She’ll just crawl around under the chairs and look up at the bottom of the chairs and table, perfectly content the whole time.


• She is loving food! I love trying new veggies with her. I haven’t really given her any fruits yet because I wanted her to like veggies before fruits but now that it has been 2 months I’m going to start introducing some fruit.

• She loves to sing. Whenever David or I start to sing she joins right in and as soon as we stop she stops. We start, she starts again.

• She has started to snort when she laughs and just and random times.

• She sucks on her lips. For the past 2 or 3 months she has sucked her bottom lip in but during the past week she has started sucking the top lip in. It is so funny looking but every time I get the camera out to take a picture of it she starts laughing.
Here is a picture of her sucking on her bottom lip.
• She just could not get any more cute or fun. We love watching her explore and discover new things.

2 comments:

  1. Adorable pictures! So fun to see babies learn new things and develop new talents. I love that you can see more and more personality in her. Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such cute pictures. She's such a beautiful, happy little girl. Just want to give her hugs and squeezes and pinch those chubby little cheeks. Love and miss you all so much! XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete