Friday, June 29, 2012

36 Weeks and More Baby Showers

     36 WEEKS!  I can't believe the end is so close.  In less than a month we will be holding our little girl.  The pregnancy has gone really fast and I've been lucky and haven't had any complications or too much sickness.  I hope all my pregnancies are as easy as this one has been.
     I had my 36 week check-up on Wednesday and everything looks good.  My midwife was really surprised at how thinned out I already am and I'm starting to dilate.  She told me, "I don't think you'll have her this weekend but I'm going to be out of town if anything starts."  Great, just because she told me that the baby will decide to come this weekend.  She thinks I will probably still have at least two weeks but who really knows?  We'll just have to wait and see. 
     Last Friday night I had a baby shower in my ward.  The ladies who did it for me did dinner and games instead of the usual open house type showers.  It was really fun to play the games and visit with everyone for the whole shower.  Everyone who came was really generous and I received lots of great gifts. 
     This past Wednesday the girls from my dental hygiene class had a baby shower for me.  It was fun to visit with all of them again and hear what is going on in their lives.  I forgot to take a picture of everything I received from them before I put it all away but I got a lot of cute outfits, blankets and books.
     I have been busy finishing up everything in the nursery.  Everything is ready except for a few more things I want to hang on the walls.  I love walking by the room and seeing how cute it is.  When I finish everything up, hopefully in the next week, I will post pictures of it.    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment