Monday, June 18, 2012

34 1/2 Weeks and Baby Shower #1

     Just a little over 5 more weeks to go!  We are getting so close to seeing our baby girl.  At my doctor appointment this week my doctor told me she wouldn't be surprised if I have the baby early!  We'll see if she is right.  I just hope that I don't go over my due date now that she told me I probably will have her early.  I'm hoping to make it to 38 weeks at least.  At my appointment my doctor did an ultrasound to check my fluid levels and everything looked good for 34 weeks.  She said the baby weighs about 5 pounds!  It's amazing that she has grown from something so tiny and now she is 5 pounds.
 
     Wednesday night I had my first baby shower.  Some of my mom's neighbors put it all together for me.  It was fun to see people from the ward that David and I grew up in.  I received a lot of fun things.  I can't wait to start playing dress up with our new baby. 

        We are getting really close to having everything ready for baby's arrival.  We bought the carseat and stroller last week.  The nursery is just about finished.  At my baby shower my mom gave me the crib bedding set that I wanted.  It is fun to walk past the nursery and see the crib with the bedding.  I'm hoping this week to get the window valances hung up and then the nursery will be pretty much complete.  I can't believe we are getting so close to my due date!   

1 comment:

  1. You look amazing! I can't believe you're going to be a mom. SO soon too! :) I was thinking about you the other day and was wondering if you wanted to get together some time? I'd love to catch up. As always, I'm so excited for you and David. Let me know if I can do anything.

    ReplyDelete