Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Weekend

     I had so much fun with Valentine's Day prepartations this year.  A few weeks ago I found an article on the internet that had seven activities/surprises to do the week before Valentine's Day.  Since I wasn't going to be home during the week for the evenings due to work I decided to choose 4 of the surprises.  It was so much fun and inexpensive. 
     Friday morning while David was in the shower I went out to his car and put two of his favorite candies in there with a note that said "Somethin Sweet for My Sweetie."  When he got to work he sent me a sweet text saying that he appreciated that act.  Later that day he also called me to thank me.  I love how such small and simple acts can make someone's day.  It made my day and I was the one giving the surprise. 
     Saturday morning when David got up and went to the kitchen there was another surprise note inviting him to a night of playing the Wii Fit, with a few different rules than normal.  During the day we went snowmobiling with our families.  To my surprise my parents bought 2 snowmobiles last week and surprised us Saturday morning as we were leaving.  It was so much fun to go snowmobiling with my parents and my in-laws.  It was a warm and sunny day.  Those are my favorite days to go snowmobiling.  I don't have any pictures because our camera batteries died as soon as I took it out, of course.  When we got home from snowmobiling we got everyting cleaned up and showered and cooked a yummy steak dinner.  We ended up asleep on the couch by about 9:00.  We are big partiers as you can tell.  :)
     Sunday morning there was another note on the kitchen table inviting David to a game later in the day.  Sunday was pretty low key, we just went to church and our meetings then did homework and got ready for school for the week.
     Monday mornings I don't have to be to school until about 12:00.  While David was in the shower I went out to his car and used window paints to decorate.  I wrote "Love You," "Kiss Me," "Hot Stuff," "Be Mine," and drew hearts all over the windows.  Of course I couldn't leave the inside undisturbed so I put some confetti on the driver and passenger seats with a note wishing him Happy Valentine's Day.  Then I got back in bed to read until he was ready to leave.  When he left I was peeking out the bedroom blinds to see his reaction.  He stopped in the middle of the driveway and was shaking his head.  I could hear what he was saying even with the windows closed.  He wasn't very happy about it, and then he opened the door and saw the confetti..."No, not inside!"  I was busting up.  He ended up coming back in the house and one of the first things that he said was, "You want me to drive that to work today?"  I just laughed and said "Yup, you aren't taking my car."  What he said next was the best..."Everyone at work will make fun of me!"  HAHAHA.  So I replied, "Well, tell them that your wife loves you and likes to embarass you."  After a few more comments about embarassment he left for work.  Thats when I really got busy. 
     I started to prepare our dinner for that evening.  We only have about a half hour that we are home together before David has to leave for his night class so I needed to have something prepared that I could just put in the oven for a half hour as soon as I got home from school.  I made stuffed jumbo pasta shells and then headed to the grocery store to pick up some salad and sparkling cidar.  When I got home from that I hurried and got the table all set and decorated then headed to school for the afternoon. 

 I should have taken a picture of the table right before we ate but I didn't even think of that.
       When David got home from work he was pretty surprised to see the table all decorated and candles lit.  He even brought me home a bouquet of one dozen hot pink roses.  I didn't even have to beg him to get me flowers this year.  After dinner David left for school and I cleaned up the dinner mess and started homework.  When David got home from school we had to go to the grocery store to get some things that he needed for the Blue and Gold Banquet the next night, made a cake, did homework, and went to bed.  
     It was so much fun to celebrate the fun and romance of Valentine's Day for the whole weekend.    

No comments:

Post a Comment