Monday, February 21, 2011

David's Version of Mad

     The following story happened a few months ago and I forgot to blog about it.  We were talking and laughing about it last night and I remembered that I needed to write about this moment so we can always remember it. 
     Ever since it has gotten cold during the nights we have been bringing the dogs into the gargage to sleep at night.  We usually don't lock them in their bed because they have learned that they better not chew on anything in the garage or they will face the wrath of dad, aka David.  For some reason Josie can't make it through the night very often without having to go to the bathroom.  Since we leave the door of their bed open she just goes in the garage by the garage door and we just have to clean it up in the morning.  Thats not very fun but better to clean it up there than in their bed.  Well one morning we woke up and there was dog poop by the door as usual.  We were both running late for school so we just left it and I told him I would get it when I got home from school later that afternoon. 
     Well I kind of forgot to clean it up when I got home that afternoon.  Oops.  David came home from work and we ate dinner and then decided to go somewhere for the evening.  We were going to take the 4 Runner so we walked through the garage to go outside.  Of course right at that moment I remembered I hadn't cleaned up the poop.  I was about to warn David but figured he would be able to see it and he would remember it was there.  We proceeded outside and then David realized there was something squishy on the bottom of his shoe.  Big oops!  I expected him to blow up and get mad but all he said was, "Woogams, I am not happy about this."  I couldn't help but laugh.  He was trying to be so serious and all I do is laugh at what he says.  Of course he started laughing too. 
     Ever since this moment I have been trying to keep my mad moments calm like he did.  He is pretty good at letting me know he is not happy but he still stays pretty calm.  Me on the other hand, usually totally blows up at him.  Whenever I get mad now I just remember that I want to stay calm like he did during this instance and it just makes me laugh and everything is a lot better. 

1 comment: