Sunday, January 29, 2012

Baby Evans

Baby Evans is due July 25, 2012!
     David and I are so excited to welcome this precious little one into our lives.  Pregnancy so far hasn't been too bad for me.  Of course there have been days that weren't so great but overall I have no complaints.  I would mostly just get nauseous in the evening so I would just lay on the couch and watch TV or I would go to bed and sleep it off.  Now that I am 14 1/2 weeks along, I have less and less nauseous moments.  
     We found out I was pregnant on November 22, 2011.  We both had mixed emotions of excitment and thoughts of, "What are we doing!?"  As each week went on we got more and more excited.  I had my first prenatal visit on December 20.  David took the day off of work to come to the appointment with me.  We met my doctor and talked with her for awhile.  We love her.  She is so kind and calming.  We were able to get an ultrasound at that appointment.  At that point I was only 9 weeks along.  My doctor reassured me that there was a baby in there, even though to David and I it just looked like a jelly bean with a heart beat.     
     We had planned to announce the big news to our families during their Christmas parties.  I had bought picture frame ornaments to put a copy of the ultrasound in and then wrap it up.  I was so excited to give these gifts.
     My parents decided to have Christmas Eve dinner and then open gifts that night since Christmas Day would be busy with church and visiting the grandparents.  Here is the picture of my family opening the frame.  It's a little blurry but they were all really excited for us and for their first grandchild. 
     David's family didn't have their Christmas party and gift exchange until the 28th.  It was hard to keep the secret from them after we had told my family but we did it.  I didn't get a picture of that because I had the camera set on the wrong setting when the frame was being unwrapped.  They were all excited for us also.  This will be grandchild number 8 for David's parents. 
     My second appointment was this past Friday, January 27, 2012.  David wasn't going to be able to go to this appointment with me due to work but he ended up not feeling well Friday morning so he called in sick so I dragged him along to the appointment.  I was so excited to have another ultrasound and see how the baby has changed in the last 5 weeks.  I don't think my doctor was going to do an ultrasound but I asked her if she would and she was more than willing to do that for us.  We were able to see the head, the spine, the arms, and the legs.  It was so neat.  The baby was holding really still during the ultrasound so my doctor kept moving the ultrasound wand and pushing on my stomach to try and get the baby to move.  Finally the baby started to kick it's legs and move it's arms.  It was like he or she was throwing a tantrum and saying "Leave me alone!"  After that my doctor used the doppler so we could hear the heart beat.  The heart beat was so fast and steady!  That is when it really hit me that there is a real person growing inside of me.
     Today in Young Women's after the lesson I announced it to them.  I had decided a couple of weeks ago that I was going to play a game of Hangman with them to announce it.  The phrase that they were guessing letters for was, "I'M HAVING A BABY!"  The girls were so funny.  They had guessed all the letters for BABY but none of them got it.  One of the other leaders said, "Really girls?  You don't know what it is?  Look at the last word."  They still didn't get it so I told them to keep guessing letters.  Finally one of the girls put it all together.  They were all excited then I gave them a pack of Sour Patch Kids to celebrate.  
     My next appointment is March 1 and we will find out if the baby is a boy or girl.  I'm really excited for that appointment so we can start planning the nursery and everything else.  It's going to be a long month. 
     Here is my first baby bump picture.  14 1/2 weeks! 

2 comments:

  1. Wahoo! How cute Whit. I love all your posts. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I laughed when I read about you telling the young women, I can just picture them not getting it for a while :) I am also happy for you that you haven't been sick! Congrats again, I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete