Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Moab 2010

May 13-16 David and I went to Moab with Doug and Pam and Bryce and Audrey. We had so much fun down there. We left Kaysville at about 6:30 pm on Thursday the 13th and arrived in Moab at about 11:30, waking everyone in the campground up with Doug's diesel truck. We got ready for bed and had a great night sleep and woke up Friday morning ready to go and explore!
This is where we slept. It was awesome. Every night we unloaded the motorcycles and four wheelers out of the snowmobile trailer and laid down carpet pad and carpet and set up our beds. It was just like a house. Everyone in the campground would walk by and try to look inside.
Friday May 14th
We woke up bright and early (we being Bryce, Audrey, David and I) and were ready to go for the day. We went outside and started cooking a scrumptous breakfast of pancakes, eggs, and fresh strawberries! After breakfast we packed up all our bedding, loaded the motorcycles and four wheelers and made sack lunches. We headed out to explore the Determination Towers and 7 Mile Rim trails.
This was the view from our campsite. I love Moab. It is so beautiful.

We didn't take too many photos of the scenery on Friday but I love this picture. These rock formations are called Determination Towers. I don't know why they have that name but they are so spectacular to see. Bryce and Audrey holding up the rock. I broke my finger! This was definitely the most exciting event of the day, possibly even the whole weekend. We came to a spot in the trail that was steep and had really big boulders on one side and big boulders on the other side. I obviously didn't pick the right side to go up. My motorcycle started to tip over and my finger got squished between the end of the handle bar and a rock. IT HURT!!! I walked up the hill while David and Doug got my motorcycle up the hill. When I took off my glove I found this. I didn't know it was broken until Monday morning at work when I took and x-ray of it so I had rode the rest of the weekend with a broken finger!

When we got back to camp Friday evening we made dinner and had just finished cleaning up when it started to rain. We spent the rest of the evening in the trailer playing games and talking. Saturday May 15th We woke up, made breakfast, packed everything and loaded everything for another day of exploring. Today we rode the Poison Spider trail and Golden Spike trail. Very fun trail but extremely challenging. I'm glad we were on four wheelers today and not the motorcycles.
Cheek to Cheek! :)
Strike a pose
Who is that cute couple?
The four wheelers and the beautiful Moab rock
Overlooking Moab city. The city is the green valley. So pretty up here being able to look down on God's creations.
Don't lean over the edge too far!
Arches National Park in the distance.
Sunday May 16th Sunday morning we woke up, cooked breakfast, and loaded everything up to go home. On our way home we stopped at Dead Horse Point.
Too bad it was hazy. It is amazing that the Colorado River cut through these huge rocks. Now we have this beautiful landscape.
Whitnee, Audrey and Pam. "Audrey's Pixies"
Bryce, David and Doug. "The Manly Pose"
Just the girlies
The guys...sticking their hips out.
Doug and Pam with the Colorado River in the background.
Honey Buns David and Whitnee Cactus in blossom
View from Dead Horse Point Visitor Center
The blue ponds are used to mine some kind of mineral but I can't remember what it was. The torquoise blue water was so pretty against the red rock.
We all had so much fun on our weekend trip to Moab and can't wait to do it again next year. (Minus the broken finger)

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Well, besides the breaking your finger moment. That just looks horrible Whit! You're a trooper. I would have balled like a baby. There's no way I would have continued camping. It looked like it was healing nice though the other night.

    ReplyDelete